Monday, January 4, 2010

I SEE PENIS: THRIFT STORE


So, I love thrift stores. I go all the time, sometimes with something in mind but usually I'm just open to whatever I come across. It's kind of beautiful to rummage through America's castoffs and swim in the nostalgia of whatever object-based happiness marketers were selling in any given decade. It's also a great place to find outsider art with a plethora of hand-made objects that, sometimes for good reason, have only been seen previously by a few people.


And of course, I've got dick on the brain, so I couldn't help notice that this porcelain caterpillar looked an awful lot like the five function prostrate massager being advertised on Manhunt....

3 comments:

  1. At first I thought you had found an albino massager at the thrift store. And I was going to ask you to pick one up for me.

    ReplyDelete