Tuesday, April 27, 2010

THE REAL HOUSWIVES OF WARREN JEFFS: THE BIG GAY SKETCH SHOW

So we all know about Warren Jeffs, one of the polygmists off of which my favorite show, Big Love is based. Well, I was watching a certain show on Logo last night and started cackling hysterically during a commercial break as the Big Gay Sketch Show promoted a funny parody skit called "The Real Housewives of Warren Jeffs." I haven't seen the B.G.S.S. yet, but I've laughed pretty hard at the commercials I've seen for it. I also can't find images of these "real housewives" online either, so I'm just posting a the B.G.S.S. photo.

Here's a quote from part of the skit...

Announcer: Then, in the season finale, a lavish night of knitting and staring is interrupted when 12-year-old Anna goes head-to-head with her own father. Will Warren get cold feet before marrying his own daughter?
Warren Jeffs: Probably not.
Announcer: So get ready for the new season of The Real Housewives of Warren Jeffs.
Anna: Wednesdays nights on Bravo are about to give a whole new meaning to Father of the Bride.

Golly jee, plural marriage has so much material...

Has anyone watched Big Gay Sketch Show? Is it funny?

4 comments:

  1. Hi Colby,
    I caught this episode on the AfterElton.com website (which how I found your excellent blog). I don't get Logo myself, but have always wanted to see the show.
    It's actually very good (funnier than SNL, that's for sure!). I loved the Warren Jeffs sketch as well, and the parody of Rupaul's Drag Race is hilarious also!
    Here's the link for the full show:
    http://www.afterelton.com/blog/michaeljensen/big-gay-sketch-show-epiosde-two

    ReplyDelete
  2. Unfortunately, it isn't even close to being funny. But, then again, funny is pretty subjective.
    I'd say check it out for yourself. The material is good, it's the delivery I don't care for.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just saw the video at logo.you can see it online.
    http://www.logotv.com/video/misc/501512/episode-2-season-3-part-2-of-4.jhtml?id=1635686

    ReplyDelete
  4. @Legend Rivera: What about the "delivery" don't you care about? The actors? The camera angles?

    BGSS is seriously good. Maybe not every sketch hits its mark, but you're the first person I've heard say "it isn't even close to being funny." Wow.

    ReplyDelete