Thursday, May 6, 2010

INDUSTRIOUS BEAVERS: LARGEST DAM ON RECORD


I should preface this post with some inside information. As a child, I loved beavers and was obsessed with them. I told people they were my spirit animal and I did my best to embody their industrious and hard-working nature. One of the many things I love about beavers is their ability, like humans, to completely re-architect the landscape.
So, I got uber-excited when I found out that the largest beaver damn ever (850 metres long) was discovered in northern Alberta, Canada. The dam, started in the 1970s could event be a 1km wide and is visible from space!!! The scientists also report a re-population of beavers in general in Canada and the United States. Go Beavers Go!

4 comments:

  1. LOL, that is awesome!
    I always say my spirit animal is a wolf, but I have a feeling it is really a chameleon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Colby, you're such a fucking cute nerd. If we ever actually met I'd try my damnedest to sweep you off your feet, but even if that didn't work I bet we'd still be end up best friends. Here's to Spirit Beavers!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The Gays love uh, the beavers.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love how you love beavers! Cutest thing ever...
    Oh and I am so happy you have a blog, please come to Toronto. Hee hee.

    ReplyDelete