Wednesday, May 5, 2010

POSTCARDS FROM SAN FRANCISCO: CHURCH OF THE ASSUMPTION AND MR. S LEATHER STORE


Modern religion and modern sex on the same day for Colby? So, I'm in San Francisco this week for a couple of films, and my hotel is just a couple of blocks from the beautiful modernist Church of the Assumption. I walked by this morning and despite the renovation/construction, it's a beautiful structure....and then I headed to Mr. S's Leather Store for a fitting for tomorrow's scene. Pretty funny juxtaposition...

8 comments:

  1. you should document your travels with a disposable camera

    ReplyDelete
  2. Colby, having spent a lot of time in Anglican churches, you might be surprised how many members of the church are into leather.. . .

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a shadow that must cast on the city! I'm curious to know what the roof structure looks like from the street. If you stood on the front walkway looking straight on and up toward the peak, would it look like a traditional cross? Do the perpendicular peaks make a cross when seen from the ground?

    (I could totally draw what I mean better than trying to explain it -- but perhaps you know what I mean?)

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Well, the shadow is the source of a famous SF urban legend that's actually true. It's known to horny middle schoolers and everyone else as the "Two O'Clock Titty." see http://sfist.com/2008/03/26/the_two_oclock.php

    ReplyDelete
  7. Colby,

    please tell me you're doing a Tweet Up in San Francisco. No doubt you'd have a large turn out. But I hope you have a lovely time in the Bay Area. I'm just saying, Tweet Up at the MOMA!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Also known as "Our Lady of Maytag". The spin-dry is to die for!

    ReplyDelete