Tuesday, July 13, 2010

TYPES OF MELONS: MELON MAN

In addition to the waterpark, I think melons are one of the best ways to keep cool in the summer heat. Three years ago, I had a Santa Rosa Melon from my local Safeway that completely blew me away and changed my whole perpsective on melons. Since then, I've been on the quest for the perfect melon and it's the season to celebrate. I'm tired of honey dew and cantaloupe, and the ubiquitous watermelon. I want more melons, new melons, now melons...anybody have a favorite melon or melon recipe to recommend???

8 comments:

  1. Take some melon, cut it into half an inch blocks. Freeze it. When frozen, cream it with mixer adding some yoghurt, sugar/sweetener and some lemon peel. Enjoy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That sounds awesome, Angel! I'll definitely have to try!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I make Kiwano smoothies all the time. they are all over the asian markets in my hood.

    ReplyDelete
  4. hahaha i love living in México, there are all kind of fruits here, cheap, and in all seasons, and the seds are the secret for bulmia girls eat them and you trow up like Linda Blair in the exorcist,in the good part they have vitamin C and lots of minerals, soooo good been a nutritionist in Mexico here is all kind of foods, if lonly patiens care about their healt everything would b perfect

    ReplyDelete
  5. I going to go out and buy a melon tomorrow. You have inspired me. And I am totally going to try that melon recipe! Thank you Angel.

    And I have to tell you the security word for this comment is 'liker' fitting really.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Is it true that you guys eat watermelon with chicken in the USA? Like, at the same time? Or is it just a rumor?
    I live in Europe so I don't know.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh and my security word was "trogical". Great word!

    "I think it's so trogical what they are doing to the rain forest..."

    ReplyDelete
  8. Find queso de freir in your local grocery store, cut it up and fry it, slap it on a small slice of watermelon. Enjoy Heaven.

    ReplyDelete