Sunday, November 28, 2010

COLBY FOR THE HOLIDAYS







Don't you wish you could share a piece of warm cherry pie with Colby?  How about traditional Curacao goat stew with pumpkin corn fritters, chicken mole on spaghetti squash, shrimp and grits, and homemade dandelion wine?  That's how I spent my Thanksgiving this Thursday.  Every year I get together with my two next door neighbors and any friends and family stuck in Baltimore for the holiday.  My two neighbors recently started dating each other.  They took a vacation together snorkeling on Curacao in October.  Avid foodies each, who both despise traditional holiday fixings, they decided to make a delicious goat stew instead of turkey.  I provided the homemade dandelion wine and a bottle of scotch.  Yummy to my tummy.  Burp.  Happy holidays!

11 comments:

  1. Chicken mole and grits? Jealous! That certainly tops the lean cuisine pizza I had for Thanksgiving.

    ReplyDelete
  2. SOunds D'lish and you look adorable.


    How as the dandelion wine, by the way?

    ReplyDelete
  3. You know, one of my recent Facebook status updates was "All I want for Christmas is Colby Keller." I personally think you'd look adorable in that great sweater, a pair of jeans, and a red bow on your head lounging under my tree. There's got to be a song in this somewhere...!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lean cuisine! Let me know next time . . . I'll invite you over.

    The dandelion wine was delicious. Its very sweet, definitely a dessert wine like a muscat or riesling.

    As for the song: write it! Sing it! And I'll post it. :-))

    ReplyDelete
  5. Homemade dandelion wine, you say? Sounds interesting! I'm glad you had a happy Thanksgiving and I'm glad I wasn't the only person "stuck" in Baltimore for the holidays! I did traditional fare, but the meal you described gives me some ideas for next year. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  6. "Stuck in Baltimore"? I guess it's not known as Charm City anymore, eh? I'll get working on that song!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Haha. I don't know about Michael, but I enjoy getting stuck places.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ah man colby. Even though I spent Thankgsiving with my partner I'm jealous of yours. Heh. Dandelion wine sounds unusual.

    If I'd have been stuck in Bmore I'd have spent some time teaching you wrestling moves. The ones you didn't learn in Alabama Takedown.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Asking as a fellow Baltimoron....I've noticed the implication several times now.....why don't you like it here?

    ReplyDelete
  10. You look really hot on the first pic btw... Not that you don't on the others, but I'm just saying:)

    ReplyDelete