Tuesday, November 23, 2010



Thanksgiving is best served neat, maybe with a splash of water or chilled, on the rocks.  I like mine with scotch.  Thanks to "Friend of CK" KC I'll be celebrating this holiday with a 10 year single malt Laphroaig!  I got so excited thinking about swirling this peaty brew over my tongue, savoring the subtle notes of seaweed that I began to fellate the bottle in anticipation.

Since I can't share the bottle with all of you, I thought I'd share this ridiculous Dancehall rendition of the country classic "One Scotch, One Bourbon, One Beer".  For the more cerebrally inclined, a distracting rendition of Robert Burns' poem "Scotch Drink".  You may know Burns from that other holiday hit, "Auld Lang Syne".


  1. Damn lucky bottle with your beautiful mouth around it.

  2. The best ad for Scotch I've ever seen

  3. Ah! As an obvious lover of fine single malts can I introduce you to the Bruichladdich Distillery, part owned by a family friend. Like Laphroaig it is an Islay malt. However, unlike all the other stream fed distilleries on the island, it draws its water from a deep spring well. Consequently it doesn't have the peaty burn of the other Islay malts. A very smooth dram with complex, subtle flavours