Friday, December 10, 2010


"Your face, like a lone nocturnal garden in Worlds where Suns spin round!", 2009

"Pleasure", 2006

I recently came across Susy Oliveira's work in the 2010 "Art Issue" of The Believer.  She lives and works in Toronto (coincidentally the home of every single one of my blog readers it seems).  I spent about 3 hours putting together the magazine's poster-size insert, a "semi-erotic" paper sculpture designed by Oliveira.  If you'd like to see more, check out her website:

"The sun also shines on a pile of twigs", 2009


 "Bird on a log", 2005

"Time is never wasted", 2006

 "Time is never wasted", 2006 

"The only living boy", 2005

The sculptures are nice (if not a little gimmacky).  I think I'm more fond of her painting. . .

"In love with a girl", 2005

 "Lovers", 2005

"The boy who doesn't dream", 2005

"Valley of a boy", 2006

"Night", 2006


  1. You should just move here.

  2. You have at least one blog reader in DC, Colby! :)

  3. Good work! At first glance (not too close, admittedly), I assumed you'd moved on & were talking about other artists in the same post. I like that she's working in multiple media & trying out various styles.

    I checked out a few of her links, too. This guy's def worth checking out:

  4. I actually love the sculpture work, my favs are the ones not posted though.