Sunday, December 5, 2010

BEWARE THE BARRACUDA!



Do I look like a rich Chelsea queen?  Apparently, the criminal pickpockets of New York think my $5 fake leather wallet printed with an image of Haitian revolutionary leader Toussaint L'ouverture makes the perfect holiday present, cause they didn't get much else last night by taking my wallet.  I mean Haiti dude!  Its the poorest country in the Western Hemisphere. . . and I'm about the poorest gay man in New York!  I had a grand total of $7 bucks in there.  That's barely a vodka soda! 

I was at Barracuda last night waiting in line for the bathroom when a middle-age Chelsea queen bumped into my ass. . . next thing I know my wallet was gone.  Fortunately, my OCD came to the rescue.  I check my pockets for my phone and wallet every 5 minutes exactly.  The felon (yes, pickpocketing is a felony) already tried to make a charge this morning to www.benaughty.com.  I canceled the card immediately so no harm done.  I had my identity stolen a few months ago and got the same exact charge.  Does benaughty.com somehow launder money for people? 

 Worse thing is they took my perpetually valid student ID!!!!!  Now I can't get a $1.00 discount for movies!!!!!  BASTARD!

I am also supposed to catch a flight in about 4 hours to San Francisco.  We'll see how much TSA likes me with out my DL.  Wish me luck! 


7 comments:

  1. Sorry to hear that, bastards do it all the time. Reminds my experience couple of years ago....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Poor Colby, that sucks! And benaughty.com... seriously? You steal someones wallet and that's the first place you go? Not only are they a thief, but obviously a stupid one.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh Colby, I'm so sorry to hear this! Hope the airline doesn't give you any grief. :( Actually you should call the airline ahead of time and let them know you were robbed last night. If you give them advance notice it may not be that big of an issue. Good luck man!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's why you gotta carry a fanny pack, my brotha!

    #fannypackcomeback2010

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow. That sucks! Good luck with TSA. Sorry, but I'm betting against getting through.

    As for wallets, I no longer take chances. When go out I carry a money clip (front pocket) with cash and essentials. If some jerk goes for that, he'll get more than he bargained for!

    ReplyDelete
  6. UPDATE: I was fortunately able to get through TSA fairly easily once I proved my existence with my New Yorker subscription, an unpaid parking ticket, and the police report. So, on my way to San Fran for a shoot with Raging Stallions!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Awesome, have fun! So glad you were able to make it on your flight. And enjoy the warm weather. The east coast will continue to slowly freeze us to death while you're out there. lol

    ReplyDelete