Sunday, December 12, 2010

FOOD ORGY!


If there is one thing I miss from Houston its the food.  Texas sure does have some good, cheap eats.  Nobody beats Houston's Vietnamese.  Nobody!  Tú Lan in the Tenderloin may however come pretty damn close.  The food at this dive in San Francisco was cheap, plentiful and greezy.  Just the way I like it.  If you happen to score a bar stool at the counter downstairs you can even watch the chefs make food for you. . . The boys at NakedSword recommended Tú Lan.  It turns out I had already visited the restaurant years ago, on my very first work related trip to the Bay.  Unfortunately, I forgot the restaurants location.  I've been trying to find my way back ever since!  If you don't trust my judgment, Julia Child (pictured above) was also a big fan.  

 
A "Friend of Colby" who would like to remain anonymous treated me to an ORGY of FOOD to compliment two long, hard days of sex.  All I am permitted to say is that he has very big hands (to match a very big man).  He also has a beautiful thick beard and is an ex-Mormon poet.  (I hope that doesn't give him away!)  
Spring rolls make a poor measure, but I can assure you his hands are bigger than mine!  A first!  





5 comments:

  1. Wow, what a feast you two had! I'm so jealous. *scribbles down yet another place to go when I finally visit San Francisco*

    Aw damn, now Vietnamese food sounds really, REALLY good, and all the Vietnamese restaurants in town are long closed at this hour. Just a little phở and I would be perfectly happy...

    ReplyDelete
  2. i don't knowwwwwww... i've been living in SF for 5 years, and i still haven't found a Vietnamese place to my liking. but then again, being Vietnamese, i'm pretty bias.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You need to book a flight to Houston Kiiiim! I highly recommend Thiem Hung Sandwich Shop #2.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I share in your missing of Houston's food. I used to chow down at Pho Cong Li off Milam (best Pho I ever had) but they sadly closed a few years ago. I sorely miss the Tex-Mex and Mexican, especially Teotihuacan off Irvington near Cavalcade close to where I used to live in the Heights. When I walk in and I'm the only one there who KNOWS English I know I'm in for good Mexican food. Check it out the next time you're in H-town. If you hear of any decent Vietnamese or Tex-Mex here in Baltimore, please kindly post your suggestions. I'll even treat! :-)

    ReplyDelete