Tuesday, February 1, 2011

FAERIE CIRCLE

 Jai Sheronda's portrait of Colby

While I spent a week wwoofing at a farm in Tennessee, I had the great pleasure to participate in not one but TWO drawing circles with gourd artist Jai Sheronda.  One bright sunny winter day I had the opportunity to draw, on the other I provided the model.    

The first three images are of me.  The last two belong to "Friend of Colby" Kenny.  For my drawing of Kenny, I randomly selected four utensils from a box: a colored pencil, charcoal, a pastel and a highlighter. . . Admittedly, it came out a bit muddy, but I'm told my portrait bears a strong resemblance to Jesus.


 A portrait of Colby by Greg, à la Max Beckmann

 Kenny's rendition of Colby, with scarf

 Jai's portrait of Kenny

My portrait of Kenny.  

4 comments:

  1. Good stuff. I've never seen Jesus personally, but I'm sure the resemblance is uncanny. Why not have a drawing circle closer to home? There are 1 or 2 of us artistes here in the NYC area you know. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Y'all are very talented. All my years of drawing and I'm still trying to master shading! *laughing*

    ReplyDelete
  3. colby-nice work! your drawing of kenny has an intense yet peaceful feel, and maybe that is why people compare it to what we believe jesus looked like.

    ReplyDelete