Tuesday, February 22, 2011

ART CONTEST: SKELETOR SAVES



DEADLINE FOR ENTRY INTO THE COLBY KELLER ARTIST BOOK: MARCH 15!!!

Hey folks - Reposting this as a reminder that I'm looking for small drawings for an artist book to submit to this charity auction show for homeless LGBT teens.  Send me an email if you're planning to submit something.  I'll include it in the book and post it on the blog.

*********************

A "Friend of Colby" recently passed along a flyer for "Skeletor Saves", a charity art auction benefiting homeless LGBT youth.  Believe it or not, I've spent a night on a park bench before. . . Its not a pleasant experience.   Cities don't make it easy either.  There is a reason you'll find an armrest smack in the middle of a lot of public benches.

Considering how many talented artists have contributed drawings to the blog in the past, a great idea struck me.  Why not start another art contest!  This time "Colby-art" should somehow invoke a He-Man, Skeletor, or other Masters of the Universe theme-- Colby as He Man, Colby Fucking He Man, Skeletor-He Man-Colby ménage à trois-- whatever your heart desires.

Mail me your drawing and I will bind them in a small artist book and submit it to "Skeletor Saves".  To sweeten the pot, the first few submissions will receive free naughty underwear donated by N2N (while supplies last).  As a general rule, try to make your drawings relatively small so they can fit in a reasonably-sized folio.  And if you make two copies so I have one to keep you'll win a special place in my heart. . . right next to homeless gay kids.

4 comments:

  1. I actually exclaimed out loud when I read this, needless to say I'm right on top of it. (pun intended ; p)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Colby - What's your deadline for compiling everything AND do you know if we can also use characters from the sister show, She Ra Princess of Power?

    ReplyDelete
  3. wow, love that heroes!
    (still waiting ;p )

    N

    ReplyDelete
  4. Why do I always miss these fan art contests of yours (and a He-Man one no less!!!)??? :(

    ReplyDelete