Wednesday, February 23, 2011


OK.  I know.  Sausage is an obvious choice for "I See Penis".  Maybe too obvious.  Thats said, its undeniable good eats, and Wurstküche in LA may have the best sausage around.  With flavors such as "alligator and pork smoked andouille" and "rattlesnake and rabbit with jalepeño peppers" or "rabbit, veal and pork seasoned in white wine", Wurstküche also makes some of the most adventurous sausage I've had the pleasure to consume.   At $6-$7 bucks a pop its not a bad deal either.  They also have a huge assortment of imported beer (24 on tap) and a collection of exotic gourmet sodas.  I picked Fentiman's "Dandelion and Burdock". . . incredible!  Established in 1905, Fentiman's is based in the UK.  They even make a "Shandy" soda of barely and hops, just like beer.

Right next to SCI-ARC (Southern California Institute of Architecture), Wurstküche also boasts a design friendly interior that is spacious, clean and easy on the eyes without being too pretentious (think German beer hall meets Chipotle).   Next time you're in SOCAL I'd highly recommend a visit.  Don't panic if you don't like animal flesh.  This is California after-all.  There are also three vegetarian sausage options and Belgian fries with 10 different dipping sauces!


  1. Next time you're in Chicago I'll take you to Hot Doug's. They have fancy gourmet sausage hot dogs too, including one with foie gras on top. And on Fridays and Saturdays they make French Fries cooked in duck fat! (No beer though, sorry.)

  2. Hello my friend, Your site is great, good job you do.
    I also created many blogs but not good like yours, I mean the visitors.So

    could you exchange link with me?
    Here are my blogs. you could choose to exchange ,
    Thanks you for your kinds.

  3. OMG, that last pic makes me want to leap through the computer and stuff my face! Nom nom nom...