Monday, April 25, 2011

BACONALIA BACCHANLIA



While I can't say that "The Sizzling of Bacon" is my favorite songs, its definitely in the top 10.  A road-trip to Florida recently brought me to Denny's where I had the unfortunate experience to encounter their festival of fried meats.  Denny's definitely ain't what I remember as a kid.  Maybe I'm just too much of a food snob now.  I need real maple syrup, not flavored corn sludge! . . and eggs that don't taste like dishwashing detergent.  4 stars for the clever advertising gimmick though.  I'm really curious to know how many adventurous eaters in Middle America have tried the "maple bacon" sundae.  





4 comments:

  1. This guy raises his hand in a combo of shame and pride.. I just HAD to try that sundae...figured if it was that bad it was a lesson learned. Surprisingly....delicious (I know...crazy, huh?). My only complaints would be appearance - the maple syrup with the bacon floating looked a bit too much like gelatin to me.. and, if anything..there was just a little too much bacon (but I'd be the same guy bitching if there wasn't enough so there..)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Is it me, or is the pun "Baconalia" pitched incredibly high for American popular audiences? What's next? "Arms and the ham I sing"? "Eggschylus' Libation Bearers--Bringing you bottomless cups of coffee!!"?

    ReplyDelete
  3. UGH! I'm glad to hear that Colby is a bit of a food-snob, and that he's not above waxing nostalgic about Fast food of the past. but Denny's Bacon Sundae - Blech!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Maple bacon ice cream can be fantastic if done right. Molly Moons in Seattle does it right. Their salted caramel and balsamic vinegar are also amazing.

    ReplyDelete