Sunday, May 1, 2011


Young actor, director and writer Xavier Dolan makes Colby drool.

In addition to being a "Hunk with Hair" and "Guy with Glasses", two categories I find particularly attractive, Xavier can also claim a healthy dose of intelligence and talent-- an intimidating combination that leaves me stumbling over my words (and talking about myself in the third person).  Did I mention he's also queer?

I haven't seen Dolan's premier film, "J'ai tué ma mère" (I Killed My Mother), a semi-autobiogaphical piece that won him three awards at the 2009 Cannes Film Festival, but I highly recommend "Heartbeats" his most recent release.  Watch out for this one. . . He's a weiner. (Doh!  I guess that won't work as a pick up line will it?)  



  1. I haven't seen "Heartbeats" yet but I LOVED "I Killed My Mother". Definitely check it out if you get the chance. Glad to see this talented young director getting some more notice recently.

    And yeah, he's real perty.

  2. French Canadian guys are so cute... Here's a link to a post of mine from a few years ago:

  3. I'm right with you on this one Colby. He was so adorable in "Hearbeats" - and then when the credits rolled and I found out he practically did EVERYTHING to do with the film and I thought "uh oh, I bet he's a precocious little brat". ;) God I would love to see the two of you do a sex scene together haha.