Monday, May 16, 2011

LINCOLN LOVE LETTER


I found the wacky painting above on a random google image search.  I couldn't find any mention of the artist's name.  The blog post that accompanies the painting, "My Cats Prostitute Whore More Than Me" inspires more questions than answers, however, the author does post an insightful/incitable quote from Tolstoy about the nature of art:

"The art of our time and of our circle has become a prostitute."

"Real art, like the wife of an affectionate husband needs no ornaments.  But counterfeit art, like a prostitute, must always be decked out."

Yes, but how do you explain the rat and the time machine?

2 comments:

  1. Hmmmm...the rat is very realistic and gave me the worst scare. I have rat terror.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's by Barnaby Whitfield.

    http://www.barnabywhitfield.com/

    ReplyDelete