Monday, July 11, 2011

SOLAR FLARES



Its fucking hot out there.  

If you've noticed a decrease in blog posts over the last week I can explain.  For several years I've depended on a crystal clear wifi connection compliments of my generous downstairs neighbor.  If you follow this blog with any regularity you know that we also share a cat.  The second Great Recession (Third Great Depression?) is starting to claim a fresh batch of victims.  My neighbor lost her job and axed the wifi to save costs.  Prepared to pay for my own wifi ($50 a month!?!WTF!) my reticent willingness to engage the legitimate economy hit another snag.  Even when you'd like capitalism to do its part and pitch in, it never seems up to the job (with no capital gains to my name, I guess I don't really matter).  The wave of recent federal and state budget cuts caught up with poor ole' Colby last week.  I can no longer claim to benefit from a part-time minimum wage job with no health insurance. . . so it looks like wifi (and BSD) will have to go on furlough.   In the off chance you aren't unemployed yourself, and would like to help, I've added a new donation button to the right.

I'll also accept donations of industrial grade fertilizer (by the truckload only please) or sharpshooter lessons (provided you know the location of the Speaker of the House or at least two conservative members of the Supreme Court).  

If you are in the Secret Service, thats a joke. . . kinda.  ;-)

12 comments:

  1. This gives me the sads : ( I hope things get better

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yikes, Colby! I'm so sorry to hear of this!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So sad. Would you just email us your updates. I cant do without my BSD fix.

    ReplyDelete
  4. So sorry Colby. You must be really upset not to comment about the sun jerking off the thermometer penis.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  6. its not really a lesson, but we can practice sharpshooting on each other.

    ReplyDelete
  7. you can come get free wifi at me place!

    ReplyDelete
  8. But wait...what!?! NO. This ain't right! No one should be forced to go to Enoch Pratt to use the internet.

    ReplyDelete
  9. At least we're all going down the tubes together. I couldn't afford it and gave that up. I like it. No phone calls from work when I'm off. Wheee!!!

    Maybe you and your nabe should split the bill? Maybe get another person in? I did keep my wifi, it's so important to have for online hook ups.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I left out "cell phone" in my post above. I couldn't afford it. It was a choice between that and the wifi. I chose wifi cuz I'd destroy my puter hauling it around, and it is always the same cost per month. Cellphone bills can get hugely expensive and it's hard to monitor usage. I looked at a friends cellphone bill recently, and was shocked SHOCKED to see that there were 7 blank rectangles available where you write in the $$ amount you are sending. A million dollars? WTF? Who spends a mil a month on cell phones? Somethings wrongy wrong....

    ReplyDelete
  11. The illustration is correct that excessive heat can take a toll. It's taken quite a toll on my sheets and pillow cases, comforters, upholstery, curtains,
    rugs/carpeting, and the occasional table runner. Is there a Heloise out their with a hint or two on how to remove semen from these household items leaving them fresh and clean, without resorting to dry cleaning?

    ReplyDelete
  12. Travis Persona-fideJuly 15, 2011 at 10:21 AM

    So, besides getting to see your wonderful posts continue, what do donaters get if they donate. ;)

    ReplyDelete