Wednesday, October 5, 2011

COLBY: CIRCA 1774; CIRCA 2040



No, I haven't seen a ghost or a vision myself in 30 years (or 240 years past-- count me with the 99%, not the powdered wig Tea Party set).  I've just spent the last two days demolishing my friend's bathroom.  Yes, tearing down drywall and yanking out concrete floors is a lot of fun, but also a lot of fucking hard work.  Thankfully I didn't die hauling the cast iron tub up their narrow stairwell (though I did pull the strangest muscle in my forearm).  I also learned lots of new and interesting facts: old plaster walls were originally made with horsehair.  Like me, you're likely to find a cache of rusty razor blades remodeling an old home.  Most medicine cabinets used to have a slot specifically for blades that sent them directly into an empty cavity in the wall.  Lets hope my Tetanus booster is still kickin.

Pics below of me on the jobsite, in front of a Colby Keller original dirt pile drawing:


6 comments:

  1. Just try not to die from the lead!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That seems like an awfully nice shirt to wear for demolition work.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The last one is oddly hot. Even dirty, grimy, and sweaty you are sexy. Oh wait, I have always liked to canoodle with a man after we have worked up a nice sweat working around the house or yard. It just intensifies that lovely male scent we all secretly love.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I totally understand what you're going through--have done bathroom demos and renos myself. Are you also involved in the design and execution of the renovation? I'm sure you will find a way to leave your own indelible mark on this project to remind all future users "Colby was here." ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. So Colby, I'm totally, TOTALLY turned on by guys with muttonchop sideburns.

    Have you ever considered that look? I think you'd look HOT!

    ReplyDelete