Thursday, November 3, 2011

BURRY MY WOOD . . . AT WOODBERRY KITCHEN


This Halloween (the last official day of my birthday month) my good friend Brian took me to the best restaurant in Baltimore to celebrate 31 years (and 13 days) of life.  Woodberry specializes in fresh seasonal, local food from the Chesapeake region.  Brian works at the restaurant and managed to procure a birthday feast-- by far the most incredible meal I've tasted my entire life, all 31 years included.  If money is no issue and you happen to find yourself in Baltimore, I highly recommend a trip to Woodberry.  You won't be disappointed.  The cocktails are pretty fantastic as well (my favorite is the Gov't Mule).  The servers, in mandatory flannel (or homemade apron) are all incredibly knowledgeable and kind.  If you've ever gone to a restaurant just for its personality, Woodberry would be it.   

Along with an appetizer of simmer rock radishes with herb butter spread, Honeycrisp apples with carmel dipping sauce and freshly-made warm skillet cornbread, we sampled the roasted cauliflower salad, roasted oysters (with fish pepper, kohlrabi and fennel relish), iced oysters (with homemade hot sauce), chicken pate with pickled pears, beef tartare, a rich and hearty entrée of beef and egg noodles, and a lavish dessert board including 5 different pies and cakes coupled with five different types of homemade ice cream (apple cider, beet, pumpkin, malt, and fresh cream)!  I was so full I didn't need to eat anything the entire next day.  A gigantic hug and thank you to Brian and to everyone who wished me a happy birthday this month.  Yum!







5 comments:

  1. OMG looks like it definitely was the best meal of your life! Good times. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't tell if the food looks appetizing or just weird. I'm sure it tasted great.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That looks like an amazing meal! And if I haven't said it yet (I can't remember) happy belated birthday Mr. Keller!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm a Balti-moron living in NYC. Will have to go to Woodberry when I'm down for the holidays.

    ReplyDelete