Thursday, November 3, 2011


Put down your BIC, your Shick, your Gillette Mach 5.  The time of year for facial hair has come once again.  

Should we style or let it grow wild?  

Grovember or Movember?   

For those of you unfamiliar with the holiday, Grovember is the hipster Ramadan, a month long shave-fast commemorating the beauty of unrestrained facial abundance.  A recent competitor has sprung up, replete with its own website (Christmas to Grovember's Hanukkah) called Movember, which seeks to limit the promotion of facial abundance solely to the upper lip.  Such greedy nose ticklers!  Mustache March and February, International Mustache Month, don't seem to cut it.  Eager to promote an additional month of mustache madness, the gentleman above even grew a stache on his forehead.  I had a nightmare I lost all my hair last night so I don't think I'll be shaving my head (or face) anytime soon.  Though I might consider the temporary relief of a chevron or lampshade.  

1 comment:

  1. My friends who are doing this do this to recognize prostate cancer from what I understand.