Sunday, March 18, 2012

KARL MARXXX KNOWS NOSE & ARTISTS I LIKE: JONATHAN BLUM, THE RABBI PAINTER


Karl Marxxx here again, on my search for the best noses (and nose art) in the world.

Artist Jonathan Blum knows noses and he paints them quite well. I was strolling up 5th Avenue in Park Slope Brooklyn late last evening when I saw some snouts worth shouting about. Luckily for me, Jonathan was inside and invited me in for a closer look and a conversation about the beauty of that big phallus of a nostril container that greats like Michael Jackson couldn't even handle.

As I understand it, he was inspired by a particular Rabbi in Israel and started painting them-Rabbis. Once you get the Rabbinical schnoz down, the sky's the limit, quite literally as I realized Jonathan also likes playing with the space between the eyebrows and the hair line, lifting foreheads almost out of his painting....which got me to thinking...once I satisfy my nose craving, I may move on to foreheads. If in Brooklyn, check out Jonathan's storefront. It's worth a vist.

Rabbi Nose meets Bert Nose.
Foreheads reaching up....


Camel profile.

No comments:

Post a Comment