Can you believe it? I totally forgot it was NATIONAL GRILLED CHEESE MONTH!!! And what better way to celebrate than with a special sandwich made by Big Shoe Diary Reader, Chris Dani. Check out Chris' recipe for below and send photos if you decide to make one to firstname.lastname@example.org...I mean, we have all month to celebrate!!! To learn more about National Grilled Cheese Month, you can also follow Chris on Twitter @chrisdiani and see all kinds of Grilled Cheeses.
The Colby Keller
Experience the creamy, savory-sweet flavor of America's favorite porn star, in the comfort of your own home!
4 tablespoons salted butter, room temperature
4 slices rustic honey wheat bread
8 ounces colby jack cheese, shredded
1. Turn on your electric grill/panini press* (or place your skillet on medium heat). Take 2 slices of rustic honey wheat bread and slather one side of each with butter. Place these slices butter side-down on the skillet or grill.
2. Distribute half of your shredded colby jack cheese on the first slice of bread. Pile it on liberally, and don't worry about some spilling over; this misbegotten cheese will get deliciously crunchy when heated, providing your sandwich with extra texture and flavor. Distribute the rest of your cheese on the second slice of bread.
3. Butter your remaining slices of bread and place them on top of the mounds of cheese, butter side out.
4. Close the lid to your grill and cook 3-4 minutes, until bread starts to toast and cheese starts to melt. Flip your sandwiches and cook an additional 3-4 minutes. Sandwiches will be done when both sides are golden and cheese is melted and oozing out.
5. Remove from skillet, cut in half, and serve hot. For authentic Colby Keller 'I See Penis" experience, add a dill pickle or similarly phallic garnish to your plates.
*This recipe can be prepared on a skillet, but a George Foreman-style electric grill/panini press provides simultaneous attention to both top and bottom layers of your sandwich, and isn't that what Colby would want?
Chris doesn't only make Grilled Cheese. He's also a filmmaker! Check out his new project "Let's Pretend We're Bunny Rabbits" to learn more!