Thursday, June 21, 2012

I SEE PENIS: ASPARAGUS CULT(IVATION)



We all know how important it is to eat our veggies, but can you imagine a cult dedicated to their consumption?  The crazy performance artists in Baltimore I know can, and did develop a spirited cult(ivation) performance around our phallic friends, donning penis-like asparagus hats, eliciting become-erect-like-a-shoot audience participation, and playing instruments designed in the shape of super-sized asparagi. Presented at F.E.A.S.T.during the Transmodern Festival a couple of weeks ago, the performance culminated with the audience being served our very own plate of asparagus to eat.  Needless to say, I'd had plenty of practice with the shape, so had no trouble at all cleaning my plate.




2 comments:

  1. I want an asparagus HARD-hat!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would assume the ever confusing side effect "asparagus pee" is not a desirable trait for those watersports aficionados...?

    ReplyDelete