Tuesday, September 18, 2012

I SEE HOLE: KEN PRICE


In addition to my tribute to "Levitated Ass", err "Levitated Mass", at LACMA yesterday, I also managed to conquer the ceramic-coprophilic-phallic-vaginal wonderland of artist Ken Price.  A native Angelino, Price died recently this past February.  Despite the maddening presence of an army of overly-diligent helicopter guards who followed me around the gallery helpfully informing me that I should stand no less than two feet from each pedestal (in addition to scolding me loudly, "no bending over", when I dipped to inspect a tiny ceramic sculpture), LACMA's beautifully designed retrospective provides an appropriate send-off.  If you like cocks. . .and holes. . . and the things that come out of holes, you'll appreciate Price's Freudian ceramic melodrama.  I did.

Here is a sample of some of his work:












2 comments:

  1. "No bending over"?!!!! That's so homophobic, I think an Occupy LACMA iMovement is in order, with you as our fearless bender!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very nice stuff. Wasn't aware of it and I'm glad to be introduced to it.

    ReplyDelete