Saturday, January 26, 2013

TEN TIMES THE SIZE



When I was a pre-college student at the then California College of Arts and Crafts (now California College of Arts) a professor instructed us to replicate Claes Oldenburg's "I Am For An Art".  What kind of art could each of us claim?  A groundbreaking moment in my understanding of art as an eternal practice of daily living, that single lesson helped shape my devotion to visual art (and a particularistic affection for sculpture) ever since.  If I could find what I wrote in response to that lesson that day I'd share it with you, but this video is much better. I may have even cried watching it.  "Dear Claes" by Dan Fox.

3 comments:

  1. Hello, I have been following your blog and have a link to it on my blog. Would you be interested in doing the same? If so, this is my blog address:
    http://daily-hunks.blogspot.ca/
    Thanks

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for this post.

    ReplyDelete
  3. "Pre-college"? That's a new one.

    ReplyDelete