Wednesday, March 27, 2013

BOYS WITH BEARDS: THE PROPHET ELIJAH



Once again a date stood me up!

Even though I left the door open and everything, Elijah was a no show.  At least this time I wasn't patiently disappointed left holding my jockstrap and blindfold.  I might not have gotten everything right, but I certainly had fun improvising my very first Passover meal.

If there is any holiday a good communist should celebrate (other than May Day), it's Passover: Simultaneously commemorating the end of slavery for the ancient Jews while emphasizing our duty to extend the gesture of liberation and freedom to all mankind.   Hurry up and join the party already Elijah. We've been waiting a loooooong time.



Everything you need to eat your way to freedom: My own special "bitter herb" (not pictured), parsleyegg, lamb chop with fig-balsamic demi-glace in the place of a shank bone, Charoset (apples, raisins and walnuts in wine), and a bitter-ish vegetable: kale.


Cookin'


The Tower of Parsley


What would a humble gentile Pesach be without a little Seder sacrilege: treif javelina wine.  


The "hidden" Afikomen.

4 comments:

  1. I seriously make the world's best charoset. I'll have to save you some.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This was also my first Passover. Baruch Hashem Adonai...

    ReplyDelete