Sunday, April 7, 2013


A giant heap of frosted love to Big Gay Ice Cream owners Doug (above) and Bryan (below) who generously let me hitch a ride home with them this weekend to attend the "Summer Cake Launch" at Baltimore's world-renowned Charm City Cakes in Charles Village.  In addition to an impromptu tour at a gourmet factory kitchen in Jersey (more impressive than it sounds), I sampled my way thru an ample amount of tasty frosted (and non-frosted) whores d'oeuvres at the CCC cake launch.  I even briefly rubbed sholders with food celebrity and Ace of Cakes star Duff Goldman.

The true heroes of the night remained the cakes. . . and the creative crew of diligent artists who spend hours crafting them.  It might only take a few minutes to consume --or brief seconds in my case-- but each haute caketure confectionary sculpture can take days to complete.

For what it's worth, my tummy thanks you.

Owner and Ace of Cakes star Duff Goldman, along with my favorite cakes below:


  1. Awesome cakes!!! I loved the one with flowers you were pointing at, but you didn't add a pic of it down here... Thanks for the pics! Never seen such amazing sculpted cakes!

  2. ooh, i like the thunderbird!

  3. Omg, I have such a sweet tooth, I'd be in heaven if I was there! :)


  4. #2. Definitely i c abstractpenis.

  5. Very cool cakes. They must take forever to make.

  6. Hot Chef Duff looks photoshopped in.