Thursday, May 30, 2013

EIGHT DAYS A WEEK: CONTENTED AS A CARNATION COW


"After, sweaty and spent and a little bit sore, I snuggled as close to Keith's big warm body as I could without becoming a tattoo on his chest.  Being with Keith again was sweeter than ever.  I could hardly hold him tightly enough, kiss him deeply enough.  My heart beat the drum line to "Doo Wah Diddy Diddy."  My veins ran melted butter.  I couldn't stop smiling.  I was home."

p. 234

"Maybe I had no right to be surprised when, one October Saturday morning (as I was frying eight slices of bacon for breakfast, feeling as contented as a Carnation cow), an orange juice glass fell (or perhaps was pushed) to its demise on the kitchen floor. . . ."

p. 236

The eggs aren't all "sunny side up" this go around.  Chapter 57 of Larry Duplechan's Eight Days A Week:

2 comments:

  1. i just love a guy that reads. seems like words are lost on so many.

    ReplyDelete
  2. But is Colby a Johnny Ray or a Keith?

    ReplyDelete