Sunday, June 30, 2013

BONER FOR BOOKS: TREASURE TROVE


We've already established that artist Gregg Woolard is a genius but did you know he's also a mensch?  When Gregg heard about the "Boners for Books" program, he rushed to the rescue with two, yes TWO, gigantic packages.  Skimming the literary cream straight off the top of his own personal library, Gregg sent me a treasure trove of books, ridiculously hot postcards of Aussie beach bums, Bob Mizer erotica and even (drumroll. . . ) a piece of real bone-a-fide ART!  

I "asked" for Judith Halberstam's "The Queer Art of Failure" and got a wealth of wisdom more.  Here are just a few of the books (and one healthy boner) to prove it.  And yes, that IS a dead baby bird.


Tales of Desire, Tennessee Williams


Jack Holmes And His Friend, Edmund White


The complete collection of Physique Pictorial


Bob Mizer: Private Works



Bob Mizer: Private Works



Bob Mizer: Private Works



Oops!  Forgot to include London Triptych by Jonathan Kemp


My favorite postcard (of more than a dozen)
 

Boiiing!  

Boner (and dead baby bird). . . Didn't think about how this might look until after I snapped the pic.  Judith Halberstam's The Queer Art of Failure


A Gregg Woolard original

6 comments:

  1. I am boiling to. So nice and love you smile and all you. ..

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG the handsomeness + the boner + the books + the art, this post was almost too much. These should come with a warning, Colby. I really hope one day you give us a video tour of your place (pleeeease?), and show us all of your books (don't you love seeing the bookshelves of people you like? Aren't bookshelves the best?). Thank you for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Have you read the book Queer Crips: Stories of Gay Disabled Men (I think that's the title)? It's a very interesting read. Highly recommend it! Some photos of you getting a boner over that would be really awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  4. So cute. Made me smile. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ha ha... Love your facial expressions and the way they change as I was reading through and scrolling down... And I think you have an awesome sense of humor from reading your post now that being said I was going to make a Bestiality / Necrophilia comment but you know I had to google it first cause I had to check my spelling :-P and low and behold

    http://www.volokh.com/posts/1203542780.shtml your safe in Wisconsin ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. You and Jeff Koons have something in common ... not sure what it is yet. Apart from a big cock, I mean. Something in your outlook as artists. You're on to something.

    ReplyDelete