Monday, August 12, 2013

BONERS FOR BOOKS . . . err . . . ASS FOR ARCHIVE?


Three words: O M G.

It's hard to even describe the feelings of shock, amazement and sheer joy I had on opening my latest Wish List fulfillment.  While I suppose "Ass for Archive" (as opposed to "Boner for Book") would make a more appropriate tribute, alliteration doesn't go far enough to illustrate my appreciation for the tremendous gift I received recently from BSD reader Andrew: The Phaidon Archive of Graphic Design.    

The Archive is so heavy it comes with specially designed support straps.  That's no joke.  Inside are over 500 individual entries of prominent triumphs in the relatively recent history of graphic design (most from the last 150 years) each with a colorful illustration on heavy card stock.  Just putting the whole thing together was a busy beaver's wet dream.  Along with all of the other tremendous "Books for Boners" I've received, the Archive provides a tremendous resource I intend to share with friends and family alike.

Thank you Andrew!  

If you don't believe me when I tell you it's heavy just look at the veins on my biceps poppin':





If you'd like to know more about how this incredible (and kinda nutty) object came into being, check out this handy video from Phaidon Editorial Director Emilia Terragni below:

2 comments:

  1. Jealous jealous jealous jealous jealous.

    I am dying to see everything that's in that archive. The description takes it from the Gutenberg Bible to today. !!!

    Excited for you! But jealous jealous jealous...

    ReplyDelete
  2. In some sense "Graphical Bible" but with mister Keller biceps, it is the 8 World Wonder... Love from Europe to mister Keller...

    ReplyDelete