Friday, August 16, 2013

BONERS FOR BOOKS: "HARK HOW HARD HE FETCHES BREATH"


"Too many picture books and not enough words."

That's one way to describe my Amazon Wish List.*  A particularly vigilant humanities enthusiast and BSD reader wants to change all that.  Joseph would like to see me push aside the Warhol and Weegee and make a lil' room for the classics.  I don't own much in the realm of literally ambition so I asked Joseph for his help.  Where should I start?  After first considering Milton and Donne, Joseph settled on the Bard himself. . . ALL of him.  The Riverside Shakespeare, Second Edition has everything-upon-Avon you can think of, from sonnets to Titus Andronicus

In case you're wondering, I chose the title for this post at random.  It appears in Act 2, Scene 4 of Henry IV.  

If you doubt my gravity-defying balancing abilities, yes, all I need is the tip:


*Don't get angry with Joseph.  This is my own description.  :-)

2 comments:

  1. I LOVE my Riverside Shakespeare - I put it on my wish list for Christmas after my first Shakespeare class in college, and I've cherished it ever since - and I have Warhol, too!
    I totally agree, your library wasn't complete without the Bard.

    :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have read a large portion of Shakespeare's plays due to having an English degree. However, my favorite plays of the Bard's remain to be "Titus Andronicus," "The Taming of the Shrew," and "Twelfth Night." I abhor "Romeo and Juliet."

    ReplyDelete