Wednesday, August 7, 2013

BONERS FOR BOOKS: TONY FEHER


Every time a reader takes the time, effort and expense to send me a book, I see it (and feel it) as a tremendous honor (and boner).  But imagine my shock and surprise to receive a beautiful new monograph of the work of Texas-born artist Tony Feher from the artist himself!  Signed no less!!!!  Not that I'm trying to make anyone jealous but Tony Feher called me his friend!  EAT IT with a spoon.

Or see Tony's work in person, which I hope all of you will, from October 6th to February 16th, 2014 (opening reception October 20-- two days after my B-day) at the Bronx Museum of the Arts.  I'm a HUGE fan of Tony's work, which marshals the provocative poetry of simple and humble materials to locate the transcendent power in everyday objects.

See more of his work HERE, HERE and HERE.


Listen to Tony talk about his practice below:


Some of Tony's work:






2 comments:

  1. I like Tony's work and Colby's cock. Thanks for showing both.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gosh-- don't know if it's the camera angle or if the beard is just a little longer, but I don't think I'd have recognized you from those two photos. You look nice, just not quite like 'you'...

    Actually, you look a LOT like the guy in the cow pictures. Gotta be a relative...

    ReplyDelete