Saturday, October 19, 2013


As you might imagine, I can geek out when I need to, though rarely do I hit "fan-girl" pitch-- an abnormally high octave two clicks above my usual range of excitable intonations.  Last week, I had a major fan-girl moment when I opened a birthday package from BSD reader Jeremy: Anti-Oedipus: Capitalism and Schizophrenia by Gilles Deleuze and Félix Guattari.  I recently finished Coldness and Cruelty, Delueze's masterful analysis of Leopold von Sacher-Masoch's famous novel Venus in Furs.  If only I had a spy cam trained on my front door to capture the magic moment live.  I considered re-creating it for you here, then thought the wiser.  I'll show you plenty of pics of my penis instead.        

Jeremy went so far as to inscribe my gift with this nearly inscrutable message:

"Greit bus tavoji diena (kuri metuose tik viena).  Tad linkiu dziaugsmingu dienu Su gimimo diena, tau tariu!"

Anyone want to help me translate?

I got so excited by this one, I couldn't stop taking pictures of my boner.  Maybe someone could help explain how narcissism fits into the capitalism-schizophrenia matrix (and oddly enough in my case, auto-fellatio)?


  1. Auto-fellatio? o_0

  2. I ran the text through an online translator, and it pinged as Lithuanian:

    "Soon shall thy day (which is only one year). Wish you a day of joy So Happy Birthday, to you I say!"

  3. I would love to hear your fan girl squeal. Also.....I enjoy seeing how you tag blogs almost as much as the content....

  4. This book was my virgin experience with critical theory this year at university (which I'm now chasing with some Baudrillard, Foucault and Derrida like a hungry theory bottom). I'm having a fangirl moment knowing my favourite naked guy on the internet also gets turned on by this new joy of mine!