Thursday, October 17, 2013

BONERS FOR BOOKS: VIDEO GREEN


Sometimes you find an author who really speaks the same language, an author who captures your imagination at just the right moment.  Earlier this summer I finished Chris Kraus's latest novel "Summer of Hate".  I couldn't put the book down.  Once I finished "Summer of Hate", I quickly picked up "I Love Dick", her cult classic from 1997, that tells the semi-autobiographical account of her ethically fraught infatuation with an asshole (and famous art historian) named Dick.  Kraus, who also acts as an editor for Semiotext(e) wrote "Video Green" in 2004.  The subtitle, "Los Angeles Art and the Triumph of Nothingness", should sum up the content.

For anyone else interested in a reasonably priced "Boner" option, Kraus has several other books I haven't had the chance to read yet: "Aliens and Anorexia", "Torpor", and "Hatred of Capitalism"-- all conveniently listed on my Amazon Wish List.  ;-)

  

No comments:

Post a Comment