Wednesday, October 23, 2013

COLBY IN THE ROUND


Getting older makes me MAD. . . Museum of Art and Design MAD!  I guess finally found my real parents.  The museum made me after-all, in a certain matter of speaking.

Confused?  

It all started last week, on my birthday.  I hiked up to MAD in Columbus Circle to see "Out of Hand" an exhibition exploring art and design in the post-digital age.  In addition to a device that allows you to build a lamp simply by blowing into a microphone (or moaning suggestively in my case), the museum offers a complete head-to-toe 3-D digital body scan courtesy of Shapeways . . . for FREE!  

Upon completion of your scan (using a re-purposed Xbox as a scanner I should add), Shapeways then digitally prints a miniaturized 3-D version of yourself in resin for display in the exhibition.  Shapeways also provides versions in full color-- as well as gold and silver-- for purchase from their website.  Naturally, I tore off my clothes and hopped on the scanner before guards had a chance to tell me otherwise.  A flutter of walkie-talkie chatter temporarily stunned my senses and I nearly fell off the small DIY scanner platform (built on top of a bicycle wheel).  For a hot minute I thought I might get arrested.  

While the museum assures me I'll be the only visitor honored with a complimentary "birthday-suit special" I highly recommend a visit. . . And not just for the free scan.  You can also see my microscopic mini-penis on full display!  And lots of other incredibly cool stuff too.     


7 comments:

  1. I want to purchase a model of you. Post a link to it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, beautiful and fun. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I see a whole new income stream for you -- Colby Keller Action Figures!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'd buy one (if it doesn't cost an arm and a third leg)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Colby -- was it cold in there? :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is so cool--I want a naked scan too! Are they doing those after hours ;)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wonderful..... I love this toy and I'd buy one becasue i like so much your hot body!

    ReplyDelete