Wednesday, October 30, 2013


Welcome to Kill Joy's Kastle, a "Lesbian Feminist Haunted House" crowd-sourced by a coven of queers, courtesy of Toronto-based artist Allyson Mitchell.  After sampling "Sasquatch Clitoris" (a steal at only $50), be sure to tip toe around the pile of severed penises, past the queer studies library, on your way to the ultimate privilege-popping kill-joy, "The Emasculator".  Even your peen will scream with this Halloween treat.


  1. My favorite part of this was actually the unintentionally captured bird in the second to last picture. While living in Montreal I used to track and photograph all the instances that I could find. Each of them has a different chirp, phrases like 'walk like an Egyptian', 'I wanna sex you up', 'eat more bacon,' and 'destruction is a creative passion'. I just wish that I could see what this one was saying.


    If you would like to see what I am talking about they are in my instagram feed: (it starts about 40 images back as I moved to Calgary and out of the birds habitat - seems to cover MTL, TOR, and NYC)