Saturday, November 30, 2013

BONERS FOR BOOKS: LOUIS KAHN


Christmas came early this year thanks to BSD reader Trenton.*  The post man delivered a big box to my back door nearly every day this week.  Louis Kahn came first.  If you haven't heard the tragic story of one of the world's most famous architects and his estranged son Nathaniel, I highly recommend the documentary about Kahn and his son, My Architect.  Watch a version of the film (with Spanish subtitles) below:

*DOH!  Except this book actually came from BSD reader Chris.  I know!  I'm a horrible person, but in all fairness I couldn't find a slip in the box and just assumed it went with all the others.  Thank you Chris.  Thank you.  Thank you.  Thank you.  Thank you!!!!


 

3 comments:

  1. I love your hair!!!...and your boner of course. Thanks for posting the documentary.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The last part of the documentary was so beautiful to watch. I am glad Nathaniel had the chance to hear Shamsul Wares. Such a powerful moment. It seems Louis Khan left his mark and soul in Bangladesh.

    ReplyDelete