Saturday, November 9, 2013



Every time I pack for a trip I also try and throw together a quick iTunes mix to keep me company on the long, cramped plane ride to someplace special.  Typically I mash together a quick mix of the latest music I haven't had a chance to work through yet.  Sometimes I create a theme.  This trip seemed extra special.  Not only did I cross an international border (to a place where English isn't the majority language), I've also never been to Montréal.  Besides all that, this marks my first flight since the FAA lifted the electronic equipment ban-- my first ascent with a soundtrack.  To celebrate, I made MAN-TREE-ALL.  This time around I thought I'd share the results with you.  The title should go far enough to describe the logic I used to make it.  I'll save you the official 100 song compilation (oddly heavy on Russian liturgical music) for a much easier-to-digest 33 song version below (downloadable HERE):

Working for the Man -- Roy Orbison
The Pine Tree -- Johnny Cash and June Carter Cash
All The Right Things -- Son Lux

The Man That I Am With My Man --The Hidden Cameras
May Banners -- Treewave
Some Trust All -- Moondog

Grown Man -- Jessica Lea Mayfield
The Treehouse Song -- Ane Brun
Teach Y'all -- Lady

Mercurial Man -- Bachelorette
The High Oak Tree -- The Ukrainian Folk Song Ensemble
Jesus is All and All -- Marion Williams

SAM She's a Man -- DaLipstyxx
Sweet Child O'Mine -- Take By Trees
We're All Dodgin' -- The Weavers

Me & My Man (Whitey Remix) -- Chromeo
Vurba (Willow Tree) -- Bulgarian State Television Female Choir
All This Promise -- The Joy Formidable

Louisiana Man -- Bobbie Gentry
Joshua Trees -- Magic Magic Roses
Is All For Updated -- The Barr's

Trial 1: "All Men Are Equal" -- Philip Glass
Treehouse -- Conquering Animal Sounds
It's All Wrong, But It's All Right -- Dolly Parton

I'm Yr Man -- Planningtorock
Tree -- Incredible String Band
All Around and Away We Go -- Twin Sister

Man's Dollar -- Northern State
Only Yesterday -- Taken By Trees
All I Want is You -- Barry Louis Polisar

Real Live Living Hurtin' Man -- Johnny Adams
Tree of Life -- Kol Ami Adult Volunteer Choir, Kol L'Chayyim Children's Choir
Close To It All -- Melanie


  1. Man-Tree-All...that's very clever. I hope you had a great time with les beaux Québecois. Thanks for sharing this mix. I downloaded a few.

  2. i'd like to come home to that bad puppy tied up in my backyard.