Saturday, December 7, 2013

BONER FOR (NO) BOOK: ON KISSING, TICKLING AND BEING BORED


Well, not "no" book exactly.  There is a book.  It's just not my book.  A generous BSD reader recently sent me a book from my Amazon Wish List, then forgot to change his preferred Amazon Prime shipping address.  He order the book pictured above ,"On Kissing, Tickling and Being Bored", for himself, but accidentally sent the book to me.

Since I might actually enjoy the content, I'm keeping it.  But I'll gladly buy a copy to send our hapless reader (I also can't remember your name or address so please write me back!).  Said reader also purchased a small box of cedar hangers for his closet.  I walked to the Baltimore postal annex (about a 40 min walk round trip) to pick up a small package.  I realized it didn't belong to me after I savagely opened the box in the parking lot.  After receiving a warning message on Facebook informing me of the confusion, I anticipated the arrival.  I promptly walked to the main post office building downtown, bought a roll of tape to reseal it, and returned it to Amazon.  A week later, I got a pink slip from my postman, walked to the annex, only to discover the same exact package I mailed a few days before!  They had simply "re-delivered" the same cedar blocks back to my address (and then forwarded it to the annex).  With a healthy degree of weakly disguised frustration tucked under my belt, I once again attempted to return the package to Amazon.  Lo and behold, I received another pink slip for the same package today (I wisely checked the tracking number this time).  Sooooooo. . .

You can forget about the cedar blocks.  Sorry.  But I'll happily send you a copy of the book (and boner for your trouble).


1 comment:

  1. colby, you are adorkable with the cedar hanger story!

    ReplyDelete