Friday, January 10, 2014


Two of my all time favorites, Vienna-based art collective Gelitin and "Queen of Peen" Sarah Lucas, teamed up for an exhibition recently all about my favorite body part.

According to Sarah, “I’ve been musing on the penis, artwise, since the early nineties. Initially it was an antidote to all the tits and bums we seem to be bombarded with daily. It could also have something to do with the fact that I don’t, personally, have one. In any case I found it to be a perfectly self-contained sculptural form, ‘pregnant’ with meaning. A totem.”

Gelitin's response was to build a henhouse in the middle of the gallery: Four egg-laying hens for each participating Gelitin member.  Break out the frying pan.  Daddy needs an omelet. 

"Nob" remains on view at the Vienna Secession until January 19th.  

For more art chocked-full of cock, courtesy of Sarah Lucas, click HERE.  

More from Gelatin, HERE.  

No comments:

Post a Comment