Thursday, February 27, 2014

BONERS FOR BOOKS: VOLUNTARY SERVITUDE, ET AL.


3 Books, one GIF, a hundred poems (actually 103 according to my count).  Mark Wunderlich's book "The Anchorage" won a Lambda Literary Award in 1999. 

"The Meeting" from Voluntary Servitude:

Did I say it was a walk in a forest?

Well then.  Very well.

There were trails in the forest that were sand-covered.

That is to say, domesticated.

There were signs of footprints, but no people.

Through the trees, a distant beach shook itself with tidal changes.

The waves heaved, a watery lung.

What was it like to touch him?

It is difficult to say.  I will try to remember.

I recall only the weight of an arm,

trees crossing out the sun

and a path leading out into the open. 


1 comment:

  1. You have a very good taste in books! and i love it. I`m from Venezuela by the way. Many kisses

    ReplyDelete