Tuesday, March 18, 2014

COLBY DOPPELANGER: PROFESSIONAL MINIMALIST

 
Meet Ryan Nicodemus.  Ryan and I share a lot in common.  Ryan likes sandwiches.  I like sandwiches.  Ryan also likes "Minimalism", so do I, though I tend to think of the art movement and not Ryan's pared-down philosophy for living.

In 2011, Ryan and his friend Joshua Fields Millburn devoted themselves full-time to promoting LESS.  BSD reader Catherine spotted Josh and Ryan on TV in Austin discussing their book, "Minimalism: Live a Meaningful Life".  Catherine immediately thought of me.  If you've ever been in my apartment, you might find it difficult to see a resemblance.  That said, Josh and Ryan have been traveling the country, spreading the gospel of going without.  For an example of Ryan's "poverty" in practice, check out his recent post "6 minute on-the-road minimalist workouts".

If only I could look as good in only 6 minutes a day!






1 comment:

  1. He's almost as hot as you are. But not quite. :)

    ReplyDelete