Thursday, August 28, 2014

#COLBYDOESAMERICA MODEL APPLICATIONS (WESTERN US), PERK UPDATES & PROGRESS SO FAR



I wanted to give a quick update on the #COLBYDOESAMERICA adventure as it's been a very busy couple of months and I still feel very much in transition.  Thanks for everyone's well wishes!

MODEL APPLICATIONS (Arizona, Utah, Idaho, Wyoming, Colorado, New Mexico, Texas)

The next leg of the journey begins in Phoenix in October at the home of a very special friend.  I'll wind my way north into Utah and Idaho and back south through Wyoming, Colorado and New Mexico, arriving in Texas in time for the holidays.  If you are interested in participating in #ColbyDoesAmerica and you live in one of these states (or will be there in October/November), please get in touch with me at bigshoediaries at gmail dot com.  I'm looking for potential models to work with me, couples/fuckbuds/orgy groups who want to be filmed, and video artists/art directors/editors who want to be a part of each state's video production team.  If you're camera shy about your face, but still want to show off, we can make that happen.  Shoot me an email with ideas for collaboration, location, availability and maybe some photos if you're hoping to model.

PERK UPDATES

The tweets are out and the photo selfie perks should be finished by the end of this week.  T-shirts and postcards are next.  Thanks for everyone's patience on these.  I was pleasantly surprised and overwhelmed by the support so it's taking longer to get through everything than I thought.

PROGRESS ON VIDEOS SO FAR

I've been receiving a lot of emails asking me where the videos are located as though we had done them before the fundraising campaign got started.  While I'm impressed with the assumption of my industriousness, I have a quick answer: we've just begun to make them, so please be patient.  One already exists for the state of Maryland and is currently set to free viewing for all.  Filming has happened in California, the District of Columbia and Maine and we are in the editing process.  West Virginia and Florida are in the works for later in September and the above mentioned states for October/November. 

12 comments:

  1. That all sounds very industrious to me! I am kinda in awe of the scope of this project and give you massive props for the ambition. Congrats on making it happen, my dear!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. If you are thinking of going a different way with a "santa" type. That could be great fun. I'm in Arizona (Tempe) with my husband. There are some interesting venues around Arizona.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, I'm definitely game for helping out in Phoenix!

    ReplyDelete
  4. when is pennsylvania?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looking for healthy 20's Mormon boys for your Utah time? See Mormonboyz.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. MormonBoyz is in Minneapolis I am pretty sure..

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congratulations Colby, keep going ! I don't give a damn about my stupid perk, I want to see this crazy project happen !!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Fantástico tu trabajo, ojalá te tuviésemos en España y barcelona. Sigue así

    ReplyDelete
  9. Whamburgers and cries: you didn't receive your perk. It's for fun mate so just chill out, it'll show up (:

    ReplyDelete
  10. I am assuming only boy applications are being accepted :(

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hey, I never heard anything from you with the perk. I don't even remember what it was for which I qualified by donating through Kickstarter; but I would like to confirm that you haven't sent it along. We here in DC have been having problems with mail not being delivered; so, please let me know if you've sent along the perk. And for the record, I am really looking forward to experiencing the work you develop out of your travels. Break a leg!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Colby,

    I been following your project--and loving the photos.

    If you get to N Idaho before the snow flies -- I got some places to recommend to ya. ( Roosevelt Grove of Ancient Cedars, Priest Lakes, Yaak Falls/Kootenai Falls MT, Ross Creek Cedars... ). Travel Mercies.

    ReplyDelete