Monday, December 21, 2015


Let's be honest.  Oprah's Favorite Things list gets worse every year.  Now don't get me wrong.  I like Oprah.  She's a talented actress and the deep empathy she employs to help her guests broach difficult subjects has always inspired me.  But the list is boring.  It's the very example of how capitalism pushes our perception of choice to the lowest common denominators of imagination while moving high profit/low value goods through the market place.  So, I'm offering my own list as an alternative this holiday season.  Only a few of the items are available on Amazon (like the Marilyn Minter catalog I wrote a piece for), so scroll on down through all the pretty pictures and links and decide for yourself if there's something here you can't live without.

1. Deport Racism 2016 Unisex Shirt

2. Sea to Summit Escapist Tarp 

3. Timberland Classic Waterproof Boots

5. Luke from Naked and Afraid

6. Swiss Navy Premium Silicone Lubricant

11. Alan, Alen, and Allen from Sean Cody

15. Lotrimin Ultra Athlete's Foot Cream

37. Dots

Happy New Year, people!


  1. The only thing I can't live without is you...but I'd let Alan, Alen and Allen do their best to rid me of that affliction. Celery's a keeper, too, but ubiquitous.

  2. skip the magic flight box get a PAX - your fav fan PATRICK ;-0)

  3. Mi sueño de todos los años es conocerte 5 minutos, Ivan, Miami

  4. Yo solo pediría conocerte 5 minutos luego la vida sería más fácil, Ivan, Miami