Monday, January 18, 2016

RIP CHIIDI TUDARRUKA: FAREWELL TRUSTY STEED

After 48 states, several provinces and a district, we raise a glass to the mighty Colbymobile who has shuffled off this mortal coil.
On Saturday the transmission blew and I dished out $350 to have it repaired. Alas, there was nothing that could be done to save her. Unfortunately a car that no longer drives in reverse and has trouble with two other gears isn't exactly roadworthy, so I have to say goodbye.
A generous donation to #COLBYDOESAMERICA from my friend Donald, this chariot in the form of a red Ford Escape took me across our great nation and up into Canada. She's seen me through good hookups and bad, and carried me to sites of great historical and political significance. I even named it in honor of my friends Norvin and Max. Chiidi means "car" in Diné (Navajo) and Tudarruka means "car" in Keres (the language of the Laguna Pueblo).

So now I'm going to have to get a rental... and I'm well and truly homeless once more.

4 comments:

  1. Well, now that I know you named her "car car", this song is appropriate [even the video, I think]: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=frRcDMGdTWM

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete